Alright ladies, some women (who shall remain nameless—you know who you are) have such a regimented beauty routine, they could do it in their sleep. During the winter months, you can blame the dull weather for lack of inspiration, but now that it’s summer, it’s time to play! Don’t be afraid to ditch that dark brown eye shadow; here are some tips for trying out a great summer combo:
Gold and Green
- Soft cream gold shadow with a dark, forest green eyeliner. Smudge liner softly for a sultry effect.
- Using a neutral eye color or a soft gold shadow as a base, line the out three quarters of the eye with green liner. Line the innermost part of your eye with a gold pencil and blend into the green liner.
- For a sexy gaze that’ll catch anyone’s eye, try lining the top of your lid with a soft gold shadow and line the inner rim of your lower lid with a green shadow.
- For a more dramatic look, try a traditional smoky eye with a gold base all over the lid and a dark green shadow in the crease. Blend, blend, blend.
Tip: For more intense color, line your eyes and draw over the line with the matching shadow. The shadow grabs hold of the liner and intensifies the color.
Try all different shades and shimmers to find the one that best suits you. Just remember three things whenever you’re experimenting with colors:
- There are no rules to makeup.
- If you’re already outside by the time you notice that you’ve overdone it, that’s what sunglasses are for!
- Most importantly, have fun with it!