A Green Christmas
1. The little loves of our life deserve nothing but the best, and Vancouver-based baby line Parade makes cheeky and charming organic kimonos, lounge sets, blankets, onesies, and t-shirts for tots. Made from certified organic cotton, Baby’s nap will be full of soft snuggles, and the sweetpea, monkey, or pickle in your life will be able to have pure play time. Baby onesies are $24 and available at www.parade.ca.
2. Noises that are too loud for little ears and toy recalls makes playtime a scary place when all Baby really needs is some imaginative, old fashioned fun. Ethicbaby sells natural, wooden baby toys crafted from ecologically beneficial materials and water-based paints. Take your baby’s health and happiness into account and buy this “Flappy, Happy Friend” available for $13 at www.ethicbaby.com.
3. Shoo--into the tub! Re-invent bath time with soft and comfortable Canadian Shoo-foo towels, designed with the planet in mind. The towels are made from 100% organic bamboo and are available for $32 at www.shoo-foo.com.
4. Great for stuffing stockings, Kiss My Face’s naughty or nice holiday lip balms are obsessively organic. With great flavours like Cheeky Cherry and Vanilla n’ Ice, they are sure to be a hit. Only $6.95 at www.kissmyface.com.
5. Don’t be shy. The tree tee is the perfect gift for any gal. Made from 95% organic cotton by Canadian company Twice-Shy. Available for $64 at www.twice-shy.com.
6. Finally, it’s easier to find eco-friendly footwear. Make your kicks green with John Fluevog’s new Stephen shoe, made from non-leather synthetic from outer space, shock absorbing natural crepe soles and water based glues. Available at www.fluevog.com for $149. Because “good soles leave small prints”.